How We Help
The North Country Mission of Hope continues to foster hope and empower the people of Nicaragua through sustainable programs in Community Development, Ecological sustainability, Education and Healthcare.
As we begin our 19th year of service that changes lives and shares hope, we want to give you a glimpse of some of what we accomplished just during this past year, 2016:
- Expanded our Food and nutrition program to feed over 6,500 children in 24 poor schools in 11 different barrios
- Shipped a total of 7 containers containing medical equipment, education supplies and food valued at over $450,000
- Expanded our clinic services to include psychological and advocacy services for victims of domestic violence
- Coordinated efforts to place a Mission of Hope volunteer on the ground for 2 years
- Sponsored 3 focus group missions and 2 large group missions
- Began establishment of our own dental clinic and repaired schools, orphanages and hospitals
- Provided hundreds of additional water filters and rocket stoves
- Sponsored over 850 children for education within our Education and Orphan support programs
- Coordinated efforts to assist victims in Venezuela, Haiti, Louisiana and more….
In addition, our efforts in Nicaragua were coordinated and administered by more than 12 paid Nicaraguan staff members in Nicaragua, as well as countless hours of volunteer efforts both here and in Nica.